- @SheaSerrano when do you leave? Do you need food? Bomb tacos? about 10 months ago in reply to SheaSerrano
- @SheaSerrano Dolphins 100% about 11 months ago in reply to SheaSerrano
- @CKlosterman great reading tonight. Let me know if you need a place to watch game 4/talk McLaughlin group about 1 year ago in reply to CKlosterman
- @BillSimmons sat 3 rows behind him. Man was stressed about 1 year ago in reply to BillSimmons
- :( good luck @FryBrothersDC! about 1 year ago in reply to FryBrothersDC
Tag Archives: Columbia Heights
Only one new deal to welcome you into the new week, but it is pretty crazy.
Must Buy: $5 for a Lou’s City Bar discount card from The Capitol Deal. This savings punch card gets you ten draft beers for $2 off and five orders of wings at $5 each. Their drafts mostly sit between $6 and $8 and a dozen wings would normally cost you $11 dollars. Still following? That is a total of $50 dollars in savings, to be used over time, at your leisure, for $5. Oh, did I mention wings come in four flavors? Buffalo, BBQ, Jerk, and Chesapeake.Read On
Only one deal today, but it’s a great one!
Must-Buy: The Capitol Deal’s $10 for $20 worth of Mexican food at Taqueria Distrito Federal is close to the perfect deal. Taqueria Distrito Federal, with one location in Columbia Heights and one in Petworth, has a great reputation as one of the go-to spots in the District for authentic Mexican food, serving up tacos, burritos, tostados and more and selling Jarritos and horchata for you to wash it all down. And for $20, you’re easily going to get a meal for two: you could even feed three if you weren’t particularly hungry.Read On
In general, DC struggles with cheap and delicious ethnic food. It lacks the abundance of small, family-owned Indian, Vietnamese, Thai, and other restaurants that are found in many big cities in the northeast and across the country. While the most notable exception to the rule is certainly the district’s large selection of incredible Ethiopian restaurants, I’ve instead found myself turning for a quick, cheap bite to the District’s sometimes-overlooked Latin American food, which can be found all over the northern side of Northwest DC.Read On