- .@MayorBowser Do you realize that @chefspike once referred to DC as a "second-tier city" in terms of its dining scene http://t.co/yg3ZJAAQGW about 4 days ago
- @PoPville it’s not like they plow streets either about 5 days ago in reply to PoPville
- RT @mattCampy: owners of @indigowdc reporting stolen vehicle at 5pm, Toyota Sequoia (DC Tags ER 5504). pls RT about 1 week ago
- 2.5 years ago almost to the day (8/16/2012) I bought in to @fundrise and @maketto1351. Very excited for tonight to see what's taken shape! about 1 week ago
- Oh baby bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit from @stompdelray http://t.co/94Gc2mD5hj about 2 weeks ago
Tag Archives: food
This Saturday I took a journey up north to Columbia, MD. My purpose was attending the second annual Sweetlife festival, a day of music and this year, of food. A big focus of this year’s festival was an increased emphasis on good food. The day was supposed to feature food from: Sweetgreen, Serious Eat, Jose Andres Pepe Truck, Fruck Farm, Taim, Bev Eggleston, Smucker Farms, Keany Produce, Momofoku Milk Bar, Pleasant Pops, The Big Cheese, Sweetflow Mobile, Roberta’s Pizza, Luke’s Lobster, Shake Shack, DC Central Kitchen, Toki Underground, Bake + Wired, Honest Tea, Applegate, Stonyfield, Kind Snacks, Bakery de France, Grody’s Pick Jar, Snikiddy Snacks, Sir Kensington Ketchup, Tadah!Read On
Welcome to the first installment of “In Praise Of.” Here I will discuss some of my odder food fascinations/obsessions. Today I will tell you all about my love of grilled turkey.
One of the things I most looked forward to upon my arrival in the cityburbs was buying a proper charcoal grill. I will assert this as fact and not opinion: meats, fish, vegetables all taste better when cooked over a charcoal fire. I’ve had steaks on a gas grill and steaks on a charcoal grill, and I can tell you that there is no comparison.Read On
Welcome to the newly redesigned Eat the District…..
Pause for effect.
And that’s it. That’s what you get. Over two months of planning and thought and countless drafts and this is the best I could come up (this current iteration came to me while sleepwalking through a game of squash with Evan). No witty opener, no food pun, just welcome. This is going to be rough, but I promise we’ll get somewhere. Someday.
Many of you aren’t familiar with Eat the District so the impact of this redesign and relaunch is lost on you.Read On