- Hey @krispykreme you once filmed a commercial on my street but I never saw the finished product. Any way it lives on? about 1 hour ago
- .@jon_bois I once saw a Wendy's employee pop a bag of popcorn a customer brought in. He then ate it in the Wendy's. Thoughts? about 19 hours ago in reply to jon_bois
- Holy moly something resembling life is happening at Union Social #nomadc http://t.co/oYID9kgxJQ about 4 days ago
- Hooray for @StompDelRay. The Classic was delicious http://t.co/M9fKNNv4vP about 6 days ago
- Anyone in #NEDC #Eckington get solicited by door-to-door meat salesman tonight. 4 guys trying to sell discounted meat and seafood? about 1 week ago
Tag Archives: food
This Saturday I took a journey up north to Columbia, MD. My purpose was attending the second annual Sweetlife festival, a day of music and this year, of food. A big focus of this year’s festival was an increased emphasis on good food. The day was supposed to feature food from: Sweetgreen, Serious Eat, Jose Andres Pepe Truck, Fruck Farm, Taim, Bev Eggleston, Smucker Farms, Keany Produce, Momofoku Milk Bar, Pleasant Pops, The Big Cheese, Sweetflow Mobile, Roberta’s Pizza, Luke’s Lobster, Shake Shack, DC Central Kitchen, Toki Underground, Bake + Wired, Honest Tea, Applegate, Stonyfield, Kind Snacks, Bakery de France, Grody’s Pick Jar, Snikiddy Snacks, Sir Kensington Ketchup, Tadah!Read On
Welcome to the first installment of “In Praise Of.” Here I will discuss some of my odder food fascinations/obsessions. Today I will tell you all about my love of grilled turkey.
One of the things I most looked forward to upon my arrival in the cityburbs was buying a proper charcoal grill. I will assert this as fact and not opinion: meats, fish, vegetables all taste better when cooked over a charcoal fire. I’ve had steaks on a gas grill and steaks on a charcoal grill, and I can tell you that there is no comparison.Read On
Welcome to the newly redesigned Eat the District…..
Pause for effect.
And that’s it. That’s what you get. Over two months of planning and thought and countless drafts and this is the best I could come up (this current iteration came to me while sleepwalking through a game of squash with Evan). No witty opener, no food pun, just welcome. This is going to be rough, but I promise we’ll get somewhere. Someday.
Many of you aren’t familiar with Eat the District so the impact of this redesign and relaunch is lost on you.Read On