- .@MayorBowser Do you realize that @chefspike once referred to DC as a "second-tier city" in terms of its dining scene http://t.co/yg3ZJAAQGW about 1 day ago
- @PoPville it’s not like they plow streets either about 1 day ago in reply to PoPville
- RT @mattCampy: owners of @indigowdc reporting stolen vehicle at 5pm, Toyota Sequoia (DC Tags ER 5504). pls RT about 4 days ago
- 2.5 years ago almost to the day (8/16/2012) I bought in to @fundrise and @maketto1351. Very excited for tonight to see what's taken shape! about 1 week ago
- Oh baby bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit from @stompdelray http://t.co/94Gc2mD5hj about 2 weeks ago
Tag Archives: sandwich
There is a man. He is behind a counter. The counter resides at the back of the commercial space at 1020 19th Street NW. He holds in his hand a blade. He carves. Day after day, facing down a large turkey breast and sides of roast beef and ham, he carves.
Located on 19th between K and L, Cafe Carvy is a new sandwich spot serving out their wares during the work day to the suited denizens of the downtown DC business establishment. They have a relatively small menu but their focus is on their handcarved meats.Read On
Most neighborhoods or towns have a go-to deli. It’s a place where one can reliably get a sandwich, and the DMV has a lot of thes elocal spots where you can grab a pretty good sub. DC does not have a lot of good Jewish delis, but that’s a different story for a different post. What the DC area does have is a lot of good Italian delis. From A. Litteri to the Italian Store, we got your pork cold cut varietals well covered. Enter Market 2 Market, Del Ray’s entry into the Italian deli fray (and the most successful “blank 2 blank” since Jungle 2 Jungle).Read On
Lets do some word association. Grilled cheese: Delicious. Gooey. Diner. Lunchtime. Childhood. Butter. Sandwich. Perfection.
I’m a sandwich man. I like to eat things between two pieces of bread. It allows me to eschew forks and knives, hence reducing objects within my field of vision that I am unable to eat while chowing down. Side note: when eating, things that I cannot eat are offensive to me. Bring on the edible plates. Anywho… I’m a sandwich man… I already said that?Read On
We have a couple of tough calls this morning. And there is a whole lot to talk about, but, we can put another notch in the Scoutmob column today, as once again their deal reigns supreme.
Must-Buy: Today’s Scoutmob offers $5 for $10 at FoBoGro’s sandwich shop, located under their eclectic grocery on campus at GWU. I know five dollars seems pretty small, but Scoutmob’s ‘no need to buy ahead’ formula makes this a no brainer. The sandwiches here are big and memorable, especially the big fat Pauley, a big turkey number which has cooler ranch doritos on it, and The Famous McDougall, a buffalo chicken sub that will likely leave you with some leftover.Read On